Kaiarataki Te Ara Mahi
Team Lead, Te Ara Mahi – Full Time, Fixed Term – Maternity Leave.
He aha te tūnga | About the role
The Academy prepares tauira (students) with a hands-on learning style, offering a high-quality training programme that provides pathways into several areas.
- Nursing, Nurse Practitioners, Midwives.
- Counsellors, Rongoā Specialists, Therapists, and Mental Health clinicians.
- Health Diagnostic Specialists.
- Health Promotion Kaiārahi.
- Health Administrators, Healthcare Assistants.
- Homebased Support and ACC Support Workers and Caregivers.
We provide pathways for our support workers, nursing, and midwifery students to staircase into higher vocational, tertiary, and employment opportunities. For this role we are looking for a Team Leader, who can deliver an effective and meaningful service to Rangatahi and their whanau; forging employment pathways for our Rangatahi; and ensuring the key deliverables of our service contract are fulfilled.
The ability to identify and empathise with vulnerable Rangatahi and their whānau is an important quality for this role, as is strong team leadership and the ability to network and build relationships that will benefit our Rangatahi in the community. Some industry experience or proven rangatahi success would be a bonus!
Ngā pūkenga me whai | Your skills and experience
For this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Has proven leadership experience
- Has proven experience analysing and conveying information, and report writing
- Can successfully build a rapport with stakeholders
We are a supportive Kaupapa Māori organisation, committed to developing our kaimahi in terms of professional development and pathways for growth. If you’re passionate about our hapori and tangata as much as we are, then we’d love to hear from you!
Te Poutokomanawa o Te Puna Ora is a framework that underpins everything we do at Te Puna Ora o Mātaatua, therefore a strong commitment to the principles outlined in the framework is vital.
Applications close 5pm Friday, 18 August 2023.