We are members of the Māori Housing Network that is managed by Te Puni Kokiri.
Since 2016, we have repaired over 100 whare across Mataatua.
- Ensure criteria is met, complete Enrolment and Housing Assessment forms.
- Request letter of proof from other providers that repairs have been requested and/or completed/declined.
- Our qualified team will undergo a building assessment that is then quoted for repair.
- We coordinate a repair schedule of critical repairs and connect with whānau to commence repairs.
- We design 5-year home maintenance plans which is discussed with the whanau during the repair process and provide workshops for a range of subjects including, budgeting, DIY and insurance.
This service is provided for critical repairs only and the criteria includes:
- Homes owned by applicant, and on Māori owned land
- Must have applied through other services first
- Collective Māori owned land is ineligible (i.e.: shares/trust)
- Homes must be insured
- Rental homes ineligible
- No/limited access to power, fresh water, wastewater drainage and having a warm dry home.
Referrals can be made when this criterion is met.
We cannot guarantee that your referral is approved.
If your whare is approved for repair, the Kaiarahi will be in touch to finalise the application.
SKO – Sorted Kainga Ora
We facilitate workshops to support whānau Māori to achieve their housing aspirations and home ownership.
This wananga is delivered over 8 weeks and consists of 8 different kaupapa including; spending habits, KiwiSaver, budget management and navigating legal and financial hurdles.
We have an incredible range of kaikōrero with different expertise to give you the best kickstart to planning for homeownership.
Keep an eye out on our social media pages and website for dates and registrations.